Thursday, December 3, 2009

NP's 2010 World Cup Mock Draw


So I got peer pressured into this one.  I don't see much point in doing your own mock draw because in this case there are more than 4 million possibilities.  But alas I've been suckered in.  So I printed out a list of the qualified teams and set them in the four pots as designated by FIFA.  Here is the draw (from a hat I might add) that I got, first chance:

Group A: South Africa, Japan, Paraguay, France
Group B: England, Honduras, Nigeria, Denmark
Group C: Spain, Mexico, Ivory Coast, Portugal
Group D: Brazil, New Zealand, Ghana, Slovakia
Group E: Germany, Australia, Cameroon, Greece
Group F: Argentina, United States, Algeria, Switzerland
Group G: Netherlands, Korea Republic, Chile, Slovenia
Group H: Italy, Korea DPR, Uruguay, Serbia

Not a bad draw at all, in fact, the only thing I'm loving more than our draw is Mexico's draw.

But just to show you how completely random the draw can be, I did another:

Group A: South Africa, Korea Republic, Chile, Switzerland
Group B: Germany, Honduras, Paraguay, Denmark
Group C: Brazil, New Zealand, Algeria, Serbia
Group D: Argentina, Australia, Nigeria, Slovenia
Group E: Netherlands, Korea DPR, Cameroon, France
Group F: Italy, United States, Uruguay, Portugal
Group G: England, Mexico, Ghana, Slovakia
Group H: Spain, Japan, Ivory Coast, Greece

So yea, it can vary quite a bit, from a relatively simple group in the first one to a group of death in the second one.  But hey, I guess we all can dream for this group: South Africa, United States, Uruguay, Slovenia.  The draw will be shown live tomorrow on ESPN2 at 12pm EST.  Let the soccer gods favor us with a good draw.  Until then, many a sleepless night will be spent around the world, including myself, analyzing any possible match-up possible.  So, until tomorrow I bid thee a good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment