Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Gooch to AC Milan CONFIRMED!!

There will be many more fist-pumps to follow. That's right everyone, the big man is FINALLY with a BIG club. AC Milan's aging defense needed a face lift, and Onyewu has signed a 3 year deal reportedly worth 1.1 million euros per year. Do I like it?? I love this move, Onyewu will be the first American to play at one of the most recognizable clubs worldwide and will help the visibility of the sport around the country. Some are questioning if he will actually get playing time, but I think he will given the age of most of AC's defenders, and if not too old, are constantly injured. If he can survive the media attention that exists around the Rossoneri, then he will do just fine. Congratulations to Oguchi Onyewu!! Now is the time to go buy another Yank Abroad jersey, and u can hit up my man Brady Kuhn at footykitblog.com for the latest in football kits around the world.

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog. I'm also a Notre Dame Cheering soccer nut. My club is Fulham and I'm a huge US Soccer supporter.

    Anyways, I'll keep visiting now that I've found you. If its cool, I'll link you on my blogroll at www.CravenCottage.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, also a member of the American Outlaws, although I don't post much on the forums.

    ReplyDelete